Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Unreal Expectations

Before I start ranting I will just post a warning for all of my readers (all 3 of you)...
-This does not apply to anyone who reads this blog, it is about a fu*&head that I know in a specific area of my life and this really shouldn't bother me this much but it DOES!-
Okay, so I really hate it when, you are going along in life and you meet some people who you are pretty sure are one way, they have given you every indication, repeatedly that they are thoughtful, caring individuals. Then BAM, they do something to undermine this. They shake the foundation of what you have based your inner character analysis on, now you have to take a step back and reassess this person, decide whether or not to deal with them in any area of your life again. Are they worth your time? Your effort? You proceed. There must have been some speck of something to make you move forward with them in the first place, something to attract you to their personality, they are witty, and funny, but still you inner self is saying they were such a JACK@** last time we let them in. Yet, still you give them another chance, because you (me) are stupid and trusting that way, but everything is fine, for a while. Then the other shoe drops. They have a lack of understanding that seems to exceed human nature? How is this possible? Were they raised by wild animals? Why cant I learn to cut my losses and just leave the first time someone disappoints me like this? I sit here trying to unfriend them on facebook (I know right, OOOooo that will show them) and I cant DO IT! I mean what if all this anger is all in my head and we are all okay next time we see each other and I have unfriended him...Boy do I need therapy.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't be the only person of the three who read this that thought for a second you were talking about me?

:)

I knew it wasn't Dawn cuz you said "he."

JoAnna said...

Well I cant speak for what others were Thinking...but I know I was not thinking of you when I wrote it.

dm said...

I knew who it was, since Jo told me. But Steve, she'd pretty much just tell you if you were bugging her.

Anonymous said...

I know.

But I'm just sayin'...it kinda does sound like me a bit.

Anonymous said...

She gave the disclaimer so I knew it wasn't you Steve. And yeah, she would just tell you. I will say however that you never cease to keep me guessing and amazed :)

Jo, just a friendly reminder that I have a slightly mafia-esque loyalty toward my friends and if someone is messing with you, they are messing with me...I have yet to break a face, but I will if necessary :)

dm said...

Kris, out of curiousity, what if they were both your friends? How do you determine the winner of your loyalty? Throwing lots?

Anonymous said...

That's easy.

Whichever one in my head is cooler get the aid.

The other gets pummeled.

~Jess said...

It is probably sad that I thought it was regarding me until I got to the 'he.' Maybe I am a more self-involved/self-centric person than I thought. Perhaps I should go think about that silently, and alone. ;0)

Anyway, I think that happens to everyone. Do you consider yourself generally to be a good judge of character? I can see how it would be worse for you if you were, and had this one blip (but everyone will have it...). I am a horrible judge of character, so at least it's never surprising when such things happen.

JoAnna said...

Usually I like people right away after I meet them, then I reasses shortly after, second guessing myself. i need to meet people several times and will change my mind a couple times when people are new to me. But i no longer consider myself a good judge of character.

~Jess said...

That sounds like a more logical way to do it (I mean, allowing yourself several times to meet someone rather than instant decisions on them, like most people do/make). Is there really a reason for you to no longer trust your own judgments? That's sad, if you were able to (most of the time) before...