Sunday, February 15, 2009

Not much doin.

So when I woke up this morning I was at once bummed and anxious because i thought it was Monday, and that I had school and all these things to do before company would be coming (on Tuesday). Well after I got up I realized it was in fact Sunday. Whew. Since then I have done nothing that really needs to be done. Loser. I have bummed around, worked on my mixed CD, moved things from one side of my room to the other, ignored my paper some more, move things back to the other side of my room, listen to the beginning of my mixed CD about 10 times (not kidding), cut up some paper, wrote a thank you note, and moved stuff back to the other side of my room again. It has been really productive. I have a HUGE list of things that need to be done in the house before company comes. I have done maybe three things on it. The parents cant do any of it. Dad can barely make coffee for himself. The list, once actually started would not take me too long, but I have no gumption to actually start it...sigh. Merry Maids anyone:)
So instead I have decided to brainstorm some hobbies I could maybe be interested pursuing.
I have always wanted to learn to play Guitar, my dad already has one, and I know he would let me borrow it. Does kickboxing count as a hobby?? Um, what else, I could enjoy making cards but I don't have a lot of room to keep everything and get sick of taking everything out, putting it away, taking it out, you get the idea. My problem with some of the hobbies I know of from working in a craft store is that I think they are sissified, like soapmaking. Maybe I could do something like calligraphy...I could definitely do photography I already have an awesome SLR camera and a pink digital at my disposal. Hm, maybe I will start with some of those and see if anything takes hold.
Okay, off to look at the list again, and move things from one side of my room to the other.

Well I went ahead and did some of the larger chores on the list and now I feel sick to my stomach, I think we can all learn something from this, hmm?

4 comments:

~Jess said...

Hmm, I also really want to learn to play the guitar. I actually bought one in college and tried to take community ed lessons...did I tell you that story? It was traumatic (you would find it funny!)

I am constantly amazed by the amount of time it takes to make the CDs. I mean, I know what I want to do. Why does it take so long??

JoAnna said...

I just kinda threw this one together. I hope it doesnt suck too much. I like it but I dont know that everyone else will.

I do know the story of you learning to play guitar and the creepy teacher:)

~Jess said...

Hmm, it would seem that I get no notification on Blogger if someone posts a comment on one of your posts after I do, which means that I have to come back and check every comment I made in case someone commented again, requiring an additional comment from myself.

Considering I've been printing labels for several hours, this seems like a very good use of my time right now. I say HUZZAH! to you Blogger. Thank you for taking up more of my time.

JoAnna said...

I can make it so you get an email when ANYONE posts a comment:))) hee hee hee! Spam anyone:)