Sunday, February 8, 2009

I can see.

So, I went to the eye doctor yesterday, to find out how much worse my eyes had gotten and if he could do anything to help my night vision. Etc. Well I found out why i have such horrible vision, and why it has gotten worse...
I have football shaped eyes. (not kidding)
I am light skinned. (duh)
and last but not least...because I am a woman. (apparently in the eye world this is a problem).

Women, especially women with lighter skin, have larger pupils this means that they have more problems seeing at night. Well, at least it's not all in my head...hee hee hee.
The Football thing I have no real explanation for. I could be just a freak of nature. The Doctor said they have gotten more footbally over the last year...I'm sorry, but am I the only one that imagined my eyes shrinking into small little football shapes until they fell out!

7 comments:

dm said...

My eyelids are extra low, as are Nick's, so our eyes always look closed in photos.

I like your footbally shaped eyes.

JoAnna said...

awwww shucks. Thanks.

when I get tired one of my eyes droops more than the other. It's kinda weird.

At least it's something you can do together:)

dm said...

Yeah, ti's nice for us to have something in common, cause we're so different.

Anonymous said...

So here's my question; with the whole "pale skinned woman" thing (since I am one as well) is it a genetic thing that is unsolvable or should we simply be sure to put some dark sniper or football player-like make up under our eyes when driving at night? Cuz THAT would be kinda funny :)

~Jess said...

SINCE WHEN have you had night vision problems? I don't think we can both have that. I think that is universally illegal. I will talk to someone. Or better yet, I will talk to John to try to convince him that it would be universally illegal and he needs to find an intergalactic court where he can appeal this decision. That should cause him to pop a blood vessel which usually makes me feel better.

JoAnna said...

The doctor said the women have more trouble with night vision, mine is not horrible I just have more trouble. We are good.

~Jess said...

So...this means when I win the lottery and get a driver, I should get a male driver?

I learn stuff good.