Monday, February 2, 2009

And the talent portion of our competition.

I have realized lately that, and don't get me wrong i am not dumping on myself, but i really do not have a great talent in any one area. I have not focused my interest anywhere long enough to gain any great amount of knowledge of any one topic. I dabble into topics and areas then i gather bits and pieces of information and move on.
Jack of all trades, master of none, that's me.
I just asked my mother if she could think of anything I was talented at and her answer was:
"Um..........(huge freakin pause, I could have fit an airplane in this pause).......... you're organized."
Okay, I can work with that, I guess some people don't have that in their repertoire. I can use that as something i am especially good at. I do like to make lists. Tell my family what to do. I guess it can be a useful talent, unlike origami, or snowman building. Maybe I should take up origami?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with that. Helps keep your options open. And it makes you one of those useful people that folks can some to in a bind to perhaps get just enough of a little info on what they need an answer for.

Maybe you're like a Reader's Digest condensed book. You know, you don't have the whole book in there but just the parts that seemed worth repeating to folks. :)

JoAnna said...

Except for when I screw up the facts, I would be like the first, unedited version of the Reader's Digest condensed book. I should probably come with a warning lable. "spouts facts that are probably not true but at times sound credible and other times sound outlandish, but other times are completly ture and based on intese research and study done by other people that are not remembered and are not going to ever be quoted directly, just paraphrased..." or, ya know something like that, something that would maybe fit on a button, or a hat. :)

~Jess said...

You know, I kinda like reading several weeks of blog posts all at once. It is engaging, and you get a better picture of the person's overall week (or month or whatever).

I guess I am curious if you have ever liked anything enough to try hard enough at it to know if you would really excel?

JoAnna said...

Not yet, I havent really found something I have really been that engaged in.