Friday, February 20, 2009

Cupcake Racists!




So I called yesterday to order some cupcakes for a wedding shower/engagement party/housewarming party that we are throwing next weekend right? Right. So, the bakery lady from Festival foods was very helpful and nice, but informed me that they only make white cake cupcakes and chocolate(brown) cake cupcakes. What? Why?
How come they don't make marble cupcakes? Or yellow cake cupcakes, I love yellow cake, but you order cupcakes and they make chocolate and white? Cupcake racists! That's what we have here. Why cant all the cupcake colors just get along and all be allowed in the bakery to play and frolic together in frosting and sprinkle covered bliss.
I mean I can understand the logistical reason for not making marble-too time consuming. But yellow! That is the best cake on earth, why discriminate? If I want a yellow cupcake and am too much of a lazy putz to make it myself I should be able to waltz into a bakery and yoink me some yellow, black, or white cupcakes-whatever I am feelin that day. But no the Cupcake Racists have limited our choices, have chosen for us, have taken the yellow and marble cupcakes away and placed them somewhere never to be heard from again! Why cant all the cupcakes be allowed in the bakery case together, as equals I ask you, to be admired and be eaten together?!
nom nom nom!

2 comments:

dm said...

I hate marble cake.

JoAnna said...

It is not my favorite either, but I didnt want to discriminate;)

I apologize now if i left anyones favorite cupcake flavor out!