Friday, January 9, 2009

Winter be GONE!

Fall is my favorite time of year, hands down. You get to wear cute sweaters and fun outfits with boots, scarves, etc. However, I am not a huge fan of winter simply because of its temperatures, snow as a whole, and the inconvenience that comes from tromping through dirty snow, sandy/salty snow, snow filled parking lots, driving on unplowed roads, and in snowy-icy conditions.
I am sure you all remember that ice storm that hit us last week, followed by a nice chaser of snow. Yeah, well, the day before yesterday I had JUST scraped my car of all ice and snow and what does it do that very night? SNOWS AGAIN! I give up. The Fates are laughing at me. My car is covered again. I give up, it can sit there until spring (or until I buy a new one). Then it will look like this-

I'm fine with that. I have accepted it. I will just stop scraping and wiping snow off of it. I'll just go start it every once and awhile, and sit in the dark cocoon formed by the snow covered windows and pretend it is my very own snow fort. HA! Take that snow demons!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fall is the best. I'm not sure about the cute outfits and the scarves and stuff, but fall is the best. I don't hate winter, for obvious reasons.

dm said...

Wait, you got that much snow the other night? We got nothing.

I love winter. You profess to want to live in the mountains, girl, this is nothing.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, Mountains. I like mountains. But yeah, lots o snow there.

JoAnna said...

Snow in places like Colorado is different than snow here. When my parents lived in Colorado Springs the ciites in Colorado didnt even own plows because even though it would snow a lot, it would melt so fast it was not worth the investment to plow.

Its a dry cold:)

ps. that is not my car. just my projection of what my snow fort will look like come the end of feb.

JoAnna said...

And acording to National Weather Service, last year we got more snow than Colorado Springs.

Anonymous said...

I'm definitely a fall and spring girl. I like winter for the hockey season otherwise I am with you in all the reasons of dislike. Occasionally I will see a patch of untouched sparkling snow and find it very beautiful, so I can appreciate winter...but not my fave.