Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What I desire...

...In a car.

In the next month or so I will be looking into buying a new car. I have been thinking about what features I would like my new car to have and have come up with two. For all of my soul searching, all my brainstorming, all I have come up with is- a CD player and a trunk. This is assuming of course that the car has power windows, power locks, a key fobby doohickey that locks (and unlocks) the car, air conditioning, and all those other taken for granted features. Before I bought the car I have now, I underestimated the importance of a trunk. No more my friends! I want a trunk to hide my worldly car goods from the prying eyes of the public! As far as color goes, I would like to get another green car, but would understand if it is impossible seeing as how I am limited in my funds and might have to take what I can find. However, I refuse to buy a white car simply because I wash my car as little as possible no matter what time of year it is. Owning a white car will only make my laziness more apparent to the world. It would do just as well to write "I am a lazy car owner" in the dirt encrusted on the side of my car, then to drive around in a ever dirtier white car. So, as you can see I have given this SO much thought. I have no idea what kind of make or model I want. It just has to have a CD player, a trunk, and not be white...boy I wonder if I can find one of those!?

13 comments:

dm said...

White and silver cars show less dirt than green, blue and black cars. You're backwards missy :)

JoAnna said...

I wouldnt mind a silver car, but a white car in the winter? Dirt city!

JoAnna said...

Thank you! Two to one and as that is the entirety of my audience the non-whites have the vote!

Anonymous said...

White and black are notoriously bad for showing dirt, followed by blue and green and red. Brown shows it less. Imagine that.

Silver, on the other hand, shows it less. It also reflects light at night, making it a more visible vehicle. However, the downside is it is the most popular car color of the last 7 years, so there's lots of it.

Red could be more expensive as some insurance companies increase premiums for drivers of red vehicles. Red attracts police more often (leading to higher incidents of speeding tickets) and is reportedly involved in more accidents.

dm said...

I don't think they can charge more for a red car anymore.

I hate white cars, I'm just saying the darker colors show it more. I think green cars look weird.

Anonymous said...

White is horrible! Go with the silver or green ...or whatever you can get if necessary.
However I feel need to warn you that if you should end up with a car in either metallic-baby-shit-orange or metallic-diseased-piss-yellow, merciless mocking will ensue form this peanut gallery. Those colors simply never should have been created.

Anonymous said...

Red cars, at some companies, still get "premium" rates.

JoAnna said...

You think the color of my car looks WEIRD!?? You never said anything before. :huff:

dm said...

green cars look like toy cars.

JoAnna said...

oh I'm okay with that.

~Jess said...

I know I say this a lot, but I feel very strongly about it - don't by a Ford, they burn down.

~Jess said...

Silver is pretty good, I had a silver car...it didn't show too much dirt. Until I totaled it. It was pretty dirty after that. Sooty, even.

Yellow is actually now the color the cops go after first, when given the opportunity. Except the Edina cops, who I think like me best (it's always nice to have someone like you best).

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.