Friday, January 16, 2009

My Emo Poems from days (a decade :whimper:) gone by.

These are some of the poems I wrote my senior year of high school. I was digging around and came across them today. Hee, have fun:)
The Enchantress
When the moon drops below the horizon.
When there is a period between day and night.
It becomes visible,
It becomes known.
From beneath the inland loch,
Where the crystal tipped waters turn to murky depths,
Lies the island of the enchantress.
Once a day, at night's end and dawn's day
Her island rises up from the lake
Presenting ancient secrets to the world.
Secrets only visible for a brief period of time,
And for this time the world is once again calm.
jf
Death
Sniffs around the contaminated room.
Tiptoes along with the glimmering daggers.
At once it explodes in blinding sparks.
Screams to raw the lips.
Scowls at the shimmering lips.
Caresses the once beating heart.
Reminisces about the once vital body.
Skulks around it's ice cold patron.
Revives it's flagging spirit.
Crouches with bountiful lust for a victim.
Trips in eagerness for the next body.
jf
And last but not least the one that confuses me a little looking back but oh well:)
Moving On
I packed up everything into boxes.
I wrapped all my picture frames in fake snow.
I did everything myself.
I didn't want strangers touching my things.
No words can describe the shadows of memories in this old place.
Once treasured kisses, candle lit dinners, the smell of once potpourri.
I head out on my own,
Phones disconnected, stamps on all my change of address forms,
Plane ticket in my hand, suit cases packed to move,
Lonely hotel rooms on Texas back Highways.
Lint on my once best jacket
Motor oil smeared on my high heels.
I walk through the desert carrying my suitcase,
No water can cool my fever that the red sun has brought on.
My life brings words to my lips that make the vultures and lizards blush.
jf
For some reason it wont let me put any spaces in so-sorry!

No comments: