Thursday, January 15, 2009

Excellent Driving?

I have had to drive a lot lately, and I have noticed that the more I drive the worse I am. Like the other night when I was stuck in the snow storm with bumper to bumper traffic, icy conditions, and snow all over the roads. A person would think that a good driver would be paying attention to the cars in front of them and watching for break lights, nope, not me. I was time and time again distracted by the different tracks that the tires in front of me were making in the snow. I don't mean "huh- look at that" I mean "OOOOOoooooooo pretty snow, must stare at for miles, and miles!" It didn't seem to matter what kind of car was in front of me, I was mesmerised by their tires.
Then the other day coming home from...idontknow..somewhere, I drove through 3 stoplights and on the last one my mom said "was that green?" I replied "psh I don't know, I was just driving in the direction of home and following the cars in front of me".
Maybe the driving instructor should have gone with his first instinct when he said "Well I probably shouldn't pass you...But!..."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm an excellent driver. Dad lets me drive slow on the driveway every Saturday. 'Course the seats were originally brown leather now they're a pitiful red. I know this car. It's a 1949 Buick Roadmaster. Straight 8. Fireball 8. Only 8,985 production models. Dad lets me drive slow on the driveway. But not on Monday, definitely not on Monday.

Uh oh, fifteen minutes to Judge Wapner.

JoAnna said...

:PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

But YEAH! KINDA!

Anonymous said...

:)

I couldn't resist.