Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Randal Spangler's Draglings

One of my favorite artists draws and paints what he calls "draglings" (small dragons) named Dagmar and Dewey that live in the land of Ohm . They are adorable and it helps that they seem to be addicted to the same things that I am, chocolate chip cookies and books. I immediately found them irresistible and have bought several prints from him when he comes in to town.
This one is called "The Adventure Shelf".

"Moonlight Mysteries"

"The Computer Wizard"
"Draggin in the Morning"

"Hit Any Key"

Between the subject matter, the complexity of his pictures, and the vibrancy of the colors I always find another piece of his artwork that I "need".

http://www.randalspangler.com/

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Moonlight Mysteries, at one time, was the wallpaper on my computer.

I always like me some dragons. I have a few staring at me right now.

Oh, and I also like chocolate chip cookies.

Oh, and I kinda like books, too.









And pie.

JoAnna said...

I have been collecting them for years, but only have one of them actually framed (from when I worked at michaels and got a discount). I'll eventually get the other 4 framed but it is expensive and some are larger.

Anonymous said...

Are the ones displayed here the ones you have?

JoAnna said...

Some of the ones I have I didnt find on the website, so I just used these. Of the ones I posted I have "The Computer Wizard".

Anonymous said...

Very cool. So how is it that you came to find these and to become so attracted to the work?

Anonymous said...

WOW! These are both gorgeous and merry! Thanks for sharing, I'm going to bookmark that site :)

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD! There is a Hamlet one! Dammit I don't have the money for this right now...this is going on a list of some sort!

JoAnna said...

I found him at a craft fair that my mom, aunt, and cousin attend every year. He is always there with all of his artwork.

I have always been into dragons, and these are cute dragons. So that was attractive to me. I have also always liked vibrant watercolor artwork. No matter what the time period it is from it almost always appeals to me.

Spangler's artwork mixes together not only a fantasy realm that I find appealing, but he creates a subtle blend that reminds me of fantasy books, medieval castles and victorian homes all mixed together.

Anonymous said...

That are cool.

Dragons rock.

Even little chubby book readin' dragons.

dm said...

These would be great writing prompts for middle schoolers/upper elementary kids.

Are you watching LOST right now? There was just a sneak peek of next season.

JoAnna said...

No, i didn't watch i shall have to be surprised:)