Monday, January 5, 2009

Come and Get Your Tickets.

I have a couple collections of "things". Quite by accident I started to collect frogs. One of my aunts bought me a frog, then another, and more, until I had nearly 100. I have since stopped collecting frogs. If I get one it is not the end of the world, I simply thank the person, and move on with my life, but what does a person do with almost 100 FROGS?!!??! (get rid of some of them, shh don't tell).



My aunt and mother will still direct my attention to any frog they see, but honestly I am quite over it.



My other collection that I have in common with many other people (so it makes me feel slightly less freakish, and warty) is my collection of tickets. No, not speeding tickets, or parking tickets. But tickets from (almost) every movie, game, and show I have attended since 2002. I keep them in a shoe box, and if you've gone to a movie with me in the past 6 years there is a memory of you in that box.


Every once and a while i will look through the box and remember the occasion that I went to a certain movie, who I went with, how I got talked into attending a certain movie, how many times i saw it, whether we went to dinner afterward.

There are now other tickets in the shoe box to keep the movie tickets company, theater tickets, Hockey tickets, Lacrosse tickets, Baseball tickets, museum tickets, even a couple airline tickets.

It is a box, not just of scrapes of paper but a box that essentially tells of places I have been, things i have seen, and to me every scrape of paper reminds me of the people I was with.

5 comments:

dm said...

How you got talked into seeing a movie? ahem.

JoAnna said...

What I didnt say it was you! Wait let me go get my box and it will count the ways...just a sec...Okay so far I have only come across movies I have talked people into going to (August Rush..sorry Maya).HA. Found one! Charlie Wilsons war! Does that sound like a JoAnna movie to anyone??? Did I really go see Eragon Twice:(

dm said...

Charlie Wilson's war is a Nick movie. DId Nick talk you into it?

Anonymous said...

I'm astounded you saw Eragon ONCE! That movie rang of crap from the for teaser on.

JoAnna said...

I know kris. I thought I liked it for awhile, but after the second time i was sure it was sucktastic.