Saturday, January 24, 2009

Quotes over the years.

Over the past 10 years I have collected quotes from various places, people, and books and put them in a journal. Occasionally I pull it out and am astonished at how, depending on what point in life I am at, and what is going on in my life, different quotes will mean different things to me, or are more meaningful to me. Here are a few that struck me today.

Don't wish me happiness-I don't expect to be happy...It has gotten beyond that somehow. Wish me courage and strength and a sense of humor-I will need them all.
-Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Amazingly, people think that the things that happen to them, happen only to them.
-Michael Lavine

Yesterday is Ashes, tomorrow is wood, only today does the fire burn brightly.
-Native American Proverb/Prayer

The world is round and the place that may seem like the end may also be the beginning.
-Ivy Baker Priest

Don't be afraid your life will end, be afraid it will never begin.
-Grace Hansen

When you can think of yesterday without regret and of tomorrow without fear, then you are on the road to success.
-Anon.

Don't tell me that worry doesn't do any good. The things I worry about don't happen.
- Anon. (one of my favorite, hee hee hee)

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience which you must stop and look fear in the face...You must do the thing you think you cannot do.
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Never look back unless you are planning to go that way.
-Anon.

Often the test of courage is not to die but to live.
-Vittorio Alfieri

1 comment:

~Jess said...

"If all the world is but a story, it were well for thee to buy the story that is more enduring rather than the story that is less enduring."

I like this because it makes lots of sense and no sense all at the same time.