Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Movies in 2009

Inkheart (Wide)Brendan Fraser is a father with the magical ability to bring characters from books to life when he reads them aloud.

I am really excited about Inkheart. It looks shamelessly fun, and i am an unapologetic fan of Brendan Fraser.

2009-The Road-A post-apocalyptic tale of a man and his son trying to survive by any means possible.

Ever since I found out they were making a movie out of this story and that Viggo Mortensen was going to be in it I have been intrigued. We will see what the result is.

5/1 - X-Men Origins: WolverineHugh Jackman stars in this prequel to the X-Men trilogy exploring how Logan became the adamantium blade-wielding mutant Wolverine.

I loves me some X-men, and my favorites have always been Wolverine and Gambit. So, I am so there. (Ahem not to mention it's Hugh Jackman)

5/2 - Terminator SalvationChristian Bale stars in this film which is both a sequel and a prequel to the wildly popular time-travel/killer robot action franchise.

Something tells me I might regret seeing this movie, but I grew up seeing the rest of them, and it's Christian BALE!!!

7/1 - Public EnemiesJohnny Depp stars as legendary bank robber John Dillinger and Christian Bale is the G-man on his tail in this true crime drama directed by Michael Mann.

Okay, honestly I would see this movie just because it was Johnny Depp, the man is freakin amazing. But it is Johnny Depp AND Christian Bale! Whoa.

7/1 - Ice Age: Dawn of the DinosaursManny, Sid, Diego and Ellie are back in this third installment in the "Ice Age" franchise, featuring the voice talents of Ray Romano, John Leguizamo, Denis Leary, and Queen Latifah.

Ice Age. Need I say more. (quiet dawn) :)

7/10 - 2012"Independence Day" and "The Day After Tomorrow" director Roland Emmerich destroys the Earth again, starring John Cusack.

This interests me for no other reason than to see John Cusack in this type of film.

7/17 - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood PrinceHarry, Hermione, Ron and friends return to Hogwarts and face Lord Voldemort again in this sixth installment of the series.

No Brainer. I will be there.

11/20 - Sherlock HolmesRobert Downey Jr. brings the legendary London sleuth to life, with Jude Law as the faithful Dr. Watson and directed by Guy Ritchie.

I always liked to watch Sherlock Holmes with my dad when I was little, so this movie intrigues me. Robert Downey Jr? Hmm, not who I would have thought of right away but I am willing to give him a chance, the man has got some impressive acting skills. Not a big Jude Law fan though. It will not keep me away though.


Those are some of the movies coming out in the new year that I am interested in, I know I left some out. I purposely left some out that I felt kinda "eh" about. Like the new "Star Trek", I don't know that I need to watch that one yet. I also left out some I know you guys are going to be dying to see. "Watchmen" anyone?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm surprised you left WATCHMEN off of your list.

JoAnna said...

I dont really have an interest yet in seeing it.

I have never read it. And I will have to see more Previews before I get real excited about it I guess.

It is not one of those compics that you grow up with like batman, spiderman, or superman that you can get excited about the prospect because you can relate to it right away.

Anonymous said...

Well that makes sense. Hopefully the more you see you will have your mind swayed. Cuz it's gonna be big.

Of course we'll have to see what happens with the last bit of the lawsuit.

dm said...

Why are there so many spaces in your blog?

I want in on Inkheart, X-men, Public Enemies, 2012, and Harry, of course.

JoAnna said...

Because i am spacey:P

(Movies Dawn wants in on have been noted)

JoAnna said...

Is that better Dawn. I removed some spaces just for you:)

dm said...

Hey, I just wondered if it was intentional.

Anonymous said...

I want to see every one of those! So count me in if you want someone to go with!

~Jess said...

I still mourn that they never put Gambit in those movies.