Sunday, March 1, 2009

Highlights and Hobbies.

Recently I have been toying with the idea of coming up with, and developing a hobby. Well I have always liked photography. I have always liked pictures too. I have been spending a lot of time looking at pictures over the last 2 months. Pictures of everything, and everyone i have ever known, and for me pictures evoke feelings, they take me back and are almost as strong as memories. They pull on cords of hidden memories, times that were lost in the mind, things we thought were forgotten but are brought forth by a simple image on a glossy piece of paper. So, pictures are important to me.

So I have complained about the last year a lot...there have been times were I wished I was somewhere else, but then I think back, I look back, on some of the fun times I have had over the last year, and here is my proof...
(in no particular order) Dawn's wedding (left to right, Ashley, me, Carrie, Andrea, Dawn, and Sammi)



The Duluth trip for PIE!



Sneak picture attack on the back of the van, (left to right, John, Maya, and Kris)



The day Maya and I basically hung out with (babysat) Steve's kids who are all smarter than me...



And Cuter...


And funnier:)


Going to Milwaukee to see Fish in Concert.



Sneak picture attack on the back of the van! Uh oh I may be in trouble for this one, right Steve...



All my Milwaukee trip peeps, half of who hate to have their picture taken, well pictures are really important to me like I said, they capture a time, a place, and a feeling for me to reflect back on when a memory fades a little, so I took your picture :P Deal.




Me and my brother at my cousin Jennie's wedding. ( I am on the right). :)



Dawn and I at a swarm game, I accidentally wore the opposing teams colors, color me embarrassed!

So if you see me more and more with a camera in my hand over the coming months it is not to make you uncomfortable, I will try to keep you out of pictures as much as possible if you hate it, but also know that I will be taking more pictures, and as people I care about I would like some pictures and tangible memories of you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay/yea/yeah/Wahoo/yeaugh for pictures!

JoAnna said...

Forgot Yeehaw;)

Anonymous said...

Oh, no. I didn't forget. It's just too hick for me.

Obviously not for you Chaska meat raffle folks, though.

:P

JoAnna said...

Taco Night! yeesh. :)

dm said...

I've always said I doubt I'll get older and say "I wish I'd left my camera at home more" so people just have to deal.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, we could scrapbook Jo. :)

JoAnna said...

That is a side effect of taking pictures.