Thursday, April 2, 2009

Spring Cleaning

When i got up today I had no real plans, no ambitions other than to do some of my homework. However, my mom asked me to take the laundry out of the dryer and things got a little crazy. We started to move things around in the laundry room, my dad has jeans that were left over from his uniforms from work, they have been hanging in the laundry room ever since he stopped working over a year ago. So we went through them and got rid of some and folded the rest up and put them in his closet.
Then we threw some stuff out that had been collecting in the laundry room. Rearranged the room so his walker could fit in there, and got some clothes ready to go to the Goodwill, then we moved on to the bookshelf. We went through all of my mom's books and got some of them ready to go to the used book store. Then we moved on to my room, got some of my clothes ready for the Goodwill, I had a bag all ready in my closet, plus a bag of books all ready to go in my closet.
I decided today was the day to get rid of my bridesmaid dresses so I found a place to donate them that dry cleans them and gives the dresses to girls who cant afford prom dresses.
By the time we were done we had 2 bags of books, 3 bags of stuff for the goodwill, 1 piece of luggage, 1 vacuum, 1 desk chair, and 3 bridesmaid dresses to get rid of today. Oh and quite a bit of garbage. I cant wait to see the junk we have accumulated in the storage room.

5 comments:

ChicKris said...

Want to come help with my room next? :D

h said...

2 bags of books, 3 bags of stuff for the goodwill, 1 piece of luggage, 1 vacuum, 1 desk chair, and 3 bridesmaid dresses.....and a partridge in a pear tree...

JoAnna said...

Got 43 dollars for the books too:)

dm said...

You got rid of the dress from MY wedding???

I'm kidding, I was the one who told you to get rid of them. Think there's a poor girl out there who wants to wear my wedding dress, which is still hanging on my guest room door?

~Jess said...

I love that kind of cleaning!! I hope it felt cathartic.

I gave my tool-infested bridesmaid dresses directly to goodwill. I am tempted to go in and see how much they are selling them for, vs how much I had to pay for them...