Saturday, April 11, 2009

Stupid Car

My car has not really worked right all winter, I have had it in the shop a couple of times doing a couple repairs but it just breaks the next time I drive it>:( So, I have been letting it go, and driving my mom's car for awhile. Well starting next week my dad needs to start out patient therapy and that means that my mom is going to need to start driving her own car, that means I need to get mine in working order again. Bummer. Stupid car.
In February I took it to a local shop because the check engine light came on and the power steering was gone, they said I needed a new power steering pump and the light was on because the gas cap wasn't tight (I didn't really believe this as I had not gotten gas recently, so the light would have come on LONG ago). So, they replaced the pump and fluid. A week later I went to drive the car and every time I turned the wheel it made a whining noise. I stopped driving it. (that is how I chose to deal with it at the time) Fast Forward to April. I took the car to Saturn to get a complete diagnostic run to find out the problem with the whining noise and the return of the check engine light!! Turns out my little 4 cylinder car had been running on 2 cylinders as the Engine coil needed to be replaced along with the spark plugs and wires. Huh, who knew. AND...by the time I got to Saturn I had no power steering fluid left, it had all leaked out! ARGH!
After much debate it was decided that Saturn would fix the coil, plugs, and wires, put in some fluid and I would drive it back to the shop that was supposed to fix the power steering in the first place! and they would take a look at it to see if it was something they had neglected. So, I have spent $700 dollars on this car since Feb. that is $700 dollars that I couldn't afford to spend. Makes me slightly angry and delusional. I dropped the car off yesterday at the local repair shop...I have NO memory of handing the man my keys, but my car is gone from the parking lot, so they either took my car into the shop, or I left my keys in the car and someone stole it along with the $700 dollars of work that has been done on it....Oh happy days, I have to go to work now and earn more money to spend on car repairs.

2 comments:

~Jess said...

Still no news from the icky place?

JoAnna said...

Got news late yesterday afternoon. They say it is good to go, if anything else goes wrong bring it back, I feel real confident, not.