Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Colorado!

This was one of my all time favorite trips! I went when I was...23 or 24 I don't really remember exactly, but my dad was working for Raytheon who was the company in control of Mcmurdo Station Antarctica, which was where he worked. That year my dad was the Heavy Shop Crew Manager so he had to hire the mechanics. This involved (for him) a month or so in Denver, and for me a 2 week trip to Denver and back. My mom, dad, and I drove out there and stayed in a hotel in Denver and the company paid for My parents room and part of my room.
It was in may so they still had Snow up in the mountains, this is a snow and ice covered lake up in the mountains by Colorado Springs.


This is the Royal Gorge Bridge, basically a bridge that leads to no where. It just goes across the Colorado River and the road swings back across the bridge again.
The view from the bridge, it goes down, down, down, down. And the river looks Tiny.



These were the Anastasi Ruins that we visited right outside of Colorado Springs. They were really cool. You got to walk around inside of them and through the different rooms, very cool.View from the Anastasi Ruins. To the left of this is the Garden of the Gods.


One of the formations in the Garden of the Gods. (I have no idea who that dude is, do you ever think about when you get in people's pictures you are in their keepsakes forever, like this dude.)

This was a picture i took on the side of the road on the way up the mountain. *sigh* I love Colorado.

2 comments:

N said...

Colorado is definitely one of my favorite places to visit. There are so many awesome things to see. Maybe you can come with Dawn and me sometime when we take a vacation there. :-)

JoAnna said...

I know, it is so cool. Right outside of a big city there are all these cool things to see and do, all of these awesome places to sight see. I love it there. And there is an awesome ice cream place in Colorado Springs:)