Saturday, April 25, 2009

Out of the mouths of babes

The other day I came home from work to find that my dad had gone through his book shelves and sorted through some of the books he didn't want anymore, leaving the books on the shelves that he wanted to keep. Among these books to keep was a journal that I had given him years ago that was a guided reflection journal for a daughter to write her memories of her father down and then give him as a gift. I don't remember how long ago I did this, but I decided to sit down and read it. It was amusing and truthful. The last page, well it was just sad and a little heartbreaking. This is what it said:
"Being the worrywart I am I think about 30 to 40 years from now when I am your age and your Grannies age and I can't help but think that even then I won't be grown enough to let you go. So I just pray that I won't ever lose you before we're both ready"

I included all the original spelling and punctuation errors.

No comments: