Wednesday, April 22, 2009

What to do?

What would you do if you got a gift that you knew you where going to have to react to the next time you saw some one at work (or anywhere else), and you really didn't care for the gift. I know it is the thought that counts, it was nice of her to think of me, I do appreciate that, I do! But my problem is what to do when she asks "did you like it?!" Ahhhh, ummm.... I don't want to lie. It was not something I can use, or really to my taste, so when she asks (which she will), "did you like it?" What is there to respond with???

2 comments:

ChicKris said...

It's not always an easy choice but you have to weigh which is more important to you; honesty (say exactly what you did here, that you appreciate it, but that it's not quite your taste) or sparing that person's feelings by lying (which may get you more of the same crap in the future).

JoAnna said...

I know,(the being nice about the last gift she gave me got me this one!) I feel like I should spare her feelings I dont have it in me to just be out and out mean to her:( I dont know what I am gonna do!