Tuesday, January 11, 2011

School As the New Prozac?!

Yesterday was my first day of class in the Spring 2011 semester. While I found the idea of driving from one side of the city to the other in the not ideal weather conditions not a real stirring reason to leave my warm abode I got ready and set off into traffic anyway. By the time I had run an errand for my mother, battled traffic on Crosstown, and 94, I was running, well not late but darn close. So, by the time I got on campus, parked and walked into the classroom there was little time to laugh and joke with some of the people I have come to know through my program. Yet, as the class started I found myself in a better mood being in the classroom than I have in any other place in my life lately. My spirits were lifted, I was just happy being there for the time. I didn't think or worry about others, and problems in my life. I just focused on me and what this was going to bring me. One step closer to my degree. It is starting to seem real I guess.

No comments: