Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Okay, Okay, Okay....Okay.

So, I started out this semester registered for my Capstone, and an online Greek class that I had already taken. (bummer). That left me the day before classes were to start (when I realized my mistake) searching and searching for a new online class to take. I always prefer to take one online class during spring semester simply because the weather is so unpredictable. It also makes it easier when I don't have to drive all the way out to the different campuses ( yes plural-one in St. Paul, one in Midway and one in Mpls) twice a week in the cold weather, on both me and my car.
I did not find an online course and had settled myself in to take a Wednesday DAY course about museums and galleries. I knew there would be some transporting of myself involved, however I thought this would mean that I would be responsible for getting myself to and from each place on my own time. NO, nononono. Apparently we are to visit the different museums and galleries TOGETHER, as a class, but we have to all get ourselves there AFTER we meet at campus, and pay 2.50 to park in the parking lot for an hour.
So, I was going to have to drive from Chaska, to St. Paul, park, walk in to meet for 20 min to an hour. Then I would have to get back in my car and drive to a second meeting place in MPLS (they are all in mpls) possibly pay to park again, some days drive to a third location, and then drive home. This struck me as asinine. I was not excited about the logistics of this class AT ALL.
My friends and I had also been trying to plan a trip for late March and since all of the museum visits would be done during class there was no way to miss class! This eliminated all chances of travel until summer! So, I went back on the school website on the off chance SOMEONE had the decency to drop an online class that I could take, AND THEY DID! Yipee!

1 comment:

ChicKris said...

I would like to second that 'Yippie!!!' :)

You're completely right, that is the most asinine format for a class. When I took Theater in the Twin Cities at Normandale, we knew when we were expected to see the shows (obviously we weren't going to one every class) and would simply meet the instructor at the performance space before the show where she'd have our tickets. None of this "class before hand to use time" business or paying for parking multiple times - I'd have asked if the school would be paying/refunding us since this was not previously mentioned in the course description :)