Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Getting Around To It.

The following is a list of books and authors that I have always meant to read but have just never picked up for one reason or another. I know one day I will read them, i have sold them to plenty of people knowing I would be interested in these books. Yet, I have never taken the time or money to invest in reading them. So I am putting it down here hoping someone will keep me accountable for at least one of them, or tell me if you think one or another would be a waste of my precious money and time:) Or let me know if there is something awesome I have overlooked.
Everything Is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer
The Book of Illusions by Paul Auster
The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco
Paradise Lost by John Milton
Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien

5 comments:

thisisbeth said...

The first time I read "The Things They Carried" by Tim O'Brien, I didn't like it (of course, it was forced reading for a class). Years later when I re-read it of my own choosing, I liked it much better.

JoAnna said...

I read a short story by him years ago and was at once disgusted and extreamly fascinated.

dm said...

I couldn't get through the Poisonwood Bible. Boh.Ring.

ChicKris said...

I want to read "The Things They Carried" too!

~Jess said...

Paul Auster rocks my mental world.