Friday, August 14, 2009

The Zoo.


Yesterday my friend Kris and I took the two oldest children of one of our mutual friends (Steve) to the Minnesota Zoo. We all had a great time. For me not only did I enjoy the Zoo, but I also enjoyed the kids, who are amazing, and the experience of hanging out for an entire day with people who don't expect anything of you other that to see "the big fish", or the shark, and the zebra. Children have no agenda the way that adults do. They don't look to emotionally drain you with the drama, blame, guilt, and manipulation, but in fact yesterday had the opposite effect filling me with energy while I was with them and hope. Spending the entire day with people (albeit short people) who just want to have fun, enjoy things, get what they can out of the experience and have a treat or two while they are doing it,was a gift.

2 comments:

dm said...

I'm pretty much just blame, guilt and emotional drama right now, so stay the heck away from me. Pretty damned good at manipulation too.

ChicKris said...

Heeheehee, you're short, they're shorter it works out excellently