Friday, August 27, 2010

I Gots One!


So back in 2009 I wrote this post about how I really wanted a Nook, the new e reader from Barnes and Noble. Well I didn't know how I was ever going to afford one. At that time they were 259$. Then they dropped in price to 199$ and came out with a new Wi-Fi version for only 149$. This seemed more manageable... I could do this. I could save that much...maybe. Well one day it got to be too much. I just needed one. So, with some money I had saved, and some money I got from selling some movies and books to a used book store in my area (this almost cut the cost of my Nook in half) I was able to get one!

I love it! Reading on it is so smooth, I can carry so many books, buy books whenever I want to. If I suddenly think about a book I want I just buy it, or add it to my ewish list. I can't tell you the many times I was driving home late from school and I knew that the store was closed and I would want to stop and pick up a book, and now I don't have to!!!

I pre-ordered a book, and the morning it was released i got up and it was right there on my Nook, no getting up, getting dressed and trudging down to the bookstore to buy a copy. I feel treasonous as I write this, as I am a bookseller, but the convenience just cant be beat! Plus, my new cover makes it uber cute!*
*(cover shown above is my new cover)

5 comments:

dm said...

I love my cover, but sometimes I wish it was cuter.

JoAnna said...

I haven't really needed a light yet, so I am good with a regular cover so far.

JoAnna said...

Plus john at work just helped me figure out what I was doing wrong so I could load my own pics for screensavers!

ChicKris said...

Yeah, it's safe to say I'm a bit jealous. Love that cover. I'd have picked either that one or the Jonathan Adler ampersand one. :)

dm said...

I use my light all.the.time. I love it, but what's wrong with some pink? Or orange?