Sunday, October 18, 2009

There Will Be Snow

When I was in grade school, one of the things we did in gym class in the winter time, while snow covered the ground, was to go snowshoeing. It would get us outside and allowed us to try something that not many kids got to try. I always enjoyed snowshoeing more than any of the other winter sports they made us play (except broom ball). Skiing was never really my thing, I didn't have the balance for it, downhill was never really an option as I had trouble staying upright. Cross country I didn't mind but I found it awkward to have something so long attached to my feet. With snowshoeing, you have the ability to walk, run and the ability to walk in the snow where your boots would normally not allow you to go.
So, I finally bit the bullet and invested in some snowshoes this year. They are easy to take on and off which was a must as per my gracefulness, and there is no upkeep. None. Nada. I thought that was a nice bonus. They can be used with any boot, so there is no extra equipment to buy, just the snowshoes. Now all I need is a cute warm hat and I am all set! Oh, and the snow.

1 comment:

ChicKris said...

FUN!!! And you live in an area where those would would be awesome to use.

I need a cut warm hat as well this year...oh yeah, and I still need something for my hands too. I want to get a pair of those mitten that you can flip back the bit that goes over your fingers! :)