Friday, January 15, 2010

Have Many, but Use Few.

So people have always got me journals as gifts. Even when I was little, people would buy me diaries, journals, blank books etc. Don’t get me wrong, I have always loved the idea of journaling. The idea of filling a book with memories and thoughts of times past, reading something from years ago and remembering a single instant that your own words cause you to relive, a strong emotion evoked by the simple retelling of a day that had long since been forgotten and when it maybe shouldn’t have been.


The only problem I have really had in journaling is the ability to follow through, to keep up the writing week after week. Of having enough to say to fill a page, then have enough to write about the next time too.

This Christmas season I stumbled across this:

Keep your memories in line with the One Line a Day: A Five Year Memory Book. A classic memorykeeper is the perfect way to track the ups and downs of life, day by day. The 365 daily entries appear five times on each page, allowing users to revisit previous thoughts and memories over five years as they return to each page to record the current day's events. The beautiful hardcover blue book measures 4.25" x 6.25" with 370 pages.




And it makes me excited because I know I could think of one sentence to write about the day at least, and it holds FIVE YEARS! This is something I am going to have to lay my hands on.

2 comments:

thisisbeth said...

That is very cool!

I love journaling, but I don't do it enough. I've always found that the more you have to write, the less time you have to write! :)

JoAnna said...

That is so true Beth. I keep looking at my journals thinking. Next week...But I dont want the stuff I write to be LAME!