Friday, May 15, 2009

Wild Beast

So the other night i was driving home minding my own business when out of nowhere this wild creature tried to cause me to drive into the ditch. I know what you are thinking Raccoon? Deer? No, no my friends this was something much more horrifying. This was a HUGE spider IN MY CAR!! I know! GASP! (right?) I was just driving along when suddenly illuminated in the lights of the car behind me I could see this huge spider crawling across my windshield, ON THE INSIDE!! My first urge was to squish it before it could crawl on me, but i soon realized, as i reached to do just this, that it would then cause me to swerve severely into the ditch, especially when i would miss hitting him and freak out. So i then had to wrestle with, "do I pull over and kill him because I know where he is", "do i wait until the next stoplight (pretty far away)", or do I "just hope he will crawl out of my car TONIGHT on his own"? I decided to keep driving and keep an eye out for him and make sure he didn't pull any sneaky spider tricks. When I got on my road. I stopped in the middle of the road, turned on my dome light and found the wee...ah I mean HUGE!!! Beast and smushed him with the first available thing that was not my hand. Or my purse. Or my phone. Okay so i looked around a bit and found a piece of paper, but whatever he was dead! And my car was once again safe to travel in! Seriously he was about the size of a quarter. UGH!

2 comments:

ChicKris said...

GAH! I hate when that happens! I would have done the same thing Jo.

~Jess said...

I think I am more scared of driving with a dead smooshed spider than a live one. You should never go in my backyard. We grow 'em big there.