Monday, July 18, 2011

Who Cares About America, I've Got Talent!

I look around at people that I know, friends, family, co-workers and I see some of their talents so clearly defined. I have a cousin that can sing and play 4 or 5 instruments. My dad's talent was art, I have several friends who a writers, and others who are crafty. Yet when I try to think of a talent that I possess I have always had trouble thinking of something that I am good at, something that rises above the other skills I possess to be a TALENT.
I am an okay writer. I don't play any instruments. I am not able to draw. I don't have a green thumb. I have no real artistic skills, no one area where I excel beyond average. Except when it comes to listening and understanding people. I have always been good at empathizing, with people and understanding people. That seems to be my true talent.

11 comments:

dm said...

I think we all feel this way at times. You and I, my friend, are jacks of all trades, masters of none. This is why we're in Hufflepuff. :)

Anonymous said...

Local gas stations and convenience stores appear to be newport cigarettes experiencing an uptick in sales over the last couple of weeks as the Oneida Indian Nation’s supply of mainstream brand cigarettes dwindles.But earlier this year Kinley Tshering, then a media consultant in the capital, Thimphu, discussed with friends over drinks the jailing of a Buddhist monk for three years for possessing $3 worth of tobacco, one of the first to be prosecuted under a new law banning public smoking cheap newport cigarettes.

WakePulse said...

The only thing is to Sell your Talent as people don't care.

les lunettes de soleil lady said...

black-hawks-jersey.com 2012 cheap for the coming NHL season<BR

Safa ♡ said...

I must say i feel the same way, I'm also good at understanding people and I am a sucker at empathy that it ruins me so. But I guess we need one of each character to balance out the world lol.

Anonymous said...

me too, my talent, is trendspotting people! i'm really sharp esp in the recent years when this skill has been so polished, I can accurately tell about a person in a single meeting and if u allow me time, i'll probably read with even greater accuracy.

Anonymous said...

and like you, all those hobbies I do just to occupy my time since I have plenty to kill..and not just to do it, but also a form of appreciation.

SEOAnubhavGarg said...

hey....check out my blog on Hardware Troubleshooting....http://anubhavgargshoothtetrouble.blogspot.in/

SEOAnubhavGarg said...

hey check out my blog on Hardware Troubleshooting

http://anubhavgargshoothtetrouble.blogspot.in/

SEOAnubhavGarg said...

hey....check out my blog on Hardware Troubleshooting....http://anubhavgargshoothtetrouble.blogspot.in/

Anonymous said...

Everyone feels like you a times. To me you sound like a leader and not many people have that talent. If you lead the people with the talents have to follow you. So if you are a leader you have all talents.